Flux Gives Thanks!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 Leave a Comment

(Photo by Heather Cohn)

Epic Thanks is the awesome initiative by Amy Sample Ward and Epic Change to create an online flood of gratitude - check out how you can participate here.

Flux is getting in on the thankfulness, as we have a lot to be grateful for, and we want to spread the love before the tryptophan sets in. I asked the Members of Flux what they were thankful for, including what they thought Flux should be thankful for, and here's what we've come up with so far:

Kelly O'Donnell:

  • I'm thankful for the plethora of actors who shared their work with us during season auditions. I'm moved by the amount of time they dedicated and the passion they shared with us.
  • I'm thankful for all the artists who have worked with Flux. We wouldn't be where we are now without them.
Heather Cohn:
  • My families: my first family, my fiance's family, my Flux family
  • Dreams
  • Friday Night Lights
  • Stage managers
  • Actors
  • Spicy popcorn
Matthew Archambault:
  • I'm thankful for the Flux community, existing in a city where community can be surprisingly hard to find.
  • And for comedy, to help us cope with this crazy world.
  • And for Matt Murumba.
Jason Paradine -"Flux is thankful for...":
  • NYC.
  • Carissa Cordes.
  • Donors.
  • Judson Memorial Church.
  • Little Pond.
  • Our day jobs! TCG/Epic/Google/Public/NYSSC/Isaiah' school
Isaiah Tanenbaum:
  • My beautiful, giving, intelligent, wonderful wife.
  • The ongoing opportunity to collaborate with a company of hardworking, creative, inspiring theatrical artists.
  • My loving, supportive extended family.
  • My health, my security, my financial stability, my freedom to pursue my dreams and fulfill my potential.
  • I feel a little happier just writing those out, so let's add that I'm grateful for EpicThanks for giving me the chance to remind myself just how good my life is!
August Schulenburg:
  • My families: my first family, my fiance's family, my Flux family (yes, OK, I stole this one from Heather, but I'm allowed)
  • Jonny Goodman and Micah Bucey of Judson Memorial Church (yes, OK, I stole this one from Jason, but I added specific names!)
  • Our new Friends of Flux.
  • Our newest member Matthew Archambault who has already made an awesome positive impact.
  • The artists who participate in Flux Sunday, who inspire me every week and have pushed me to my most creatively productive year as a playwright ever.
  • To Ellen, for trusting me with her beautiful play, Ajax in Iraq.
  • For the Large Hadron Collider
Tiffany Clementi:

  • Family, Friends, Flux, Food.
  • I am thankful for all the people who come to our shows and events.
  • I am thankful for the community of people we have and Friends of Flux, without them we would be seven of us sitting in a room.
  • I am thankful for all the talented artists that somehow we have a magnet for.
  • I thankful to be part of such a great company.

Learn how you can get in on the Epic Thanks action here, and, you know, THANK YOU.

2 comments »

  • Carissa Cordes said:  

    I am officially blushing. I am thankful for Flux.

  • Matt A said:  

    I'm thankful for this post, too!