Imagination Compact Artists Reveal #24 -- Gretchen Poulos
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 Leave a Comment
Gretchen PoulosActor, The Mechanicals, May 19th
Flux History: Icarus of Ohio at Have Another 2, many Flux Sundays
1. What Shakespeare role would you like to play next?
I have a number I'd like to play, but I think Joan of Arc in any of
the plays or Queen Margaret (in 50+ years), or Katherine in Taming of
2. What Shakespeare role would you like to play that no one will ever
cast you in?
Hamlet because it's a ridiculously awesome role. Or Juliet. Something
like that. I don't think I exactly come across as the ingénue, but
it'd be fun, just once to play that.
3. Describe the best Shakespeare production you've seen.
Pericles, Prince of Tyre
4. If you had to date one of the Midsummer lovers, who would you date and
I would date either Oberon because he's kind of possessive and really
fights for what he wants, and I think that's a little dysfunctional
but kind of hot, or I would date the mechanical that roars like a lion
because he's got a sense of humor. I wouldn't date Demetrius or
Lysander – I think they're both lame.
5. What is the first thing you think of when you hear the word "flux"?
In transition. Movement. Sunday fun.
6. Fairies: colorful playmates or dangerous tricksters?
Neither – I like to think of them as Titania's secret service – in disguise.
7. If the Flux Capacitor made time travel possible when the DeLorean
reached 88mph, what do you think would happen if Flux Theatre Ensemble
got theatre up to 88mph?
Errgh…we would be flying?
8. Complete this sentence: "It's too late to go back now, I'll just
have to do without my _______"
9. If a capricious fairy turned you into an animal against your will,
what animal would you be and why?
I would be a chameleon because they can go anywhere and blend in, and
I think it's fun, sometimes, to be able to scoot around with no one
knowing you are there.
10. Which would win in a fight - the forest of Midsummer or the forest of
The forest of Arden – definitely. No, no, I take that back – neither –
the forest of DITKA!!!
11. How many licks does it take...?
Depends on what you're up to – but I'd say at least 80.
12. Would you rather have a beer with Richard Burbage or William Kemp?
I don't like beer.
13. If we could compact your imagination, what color would it be and why?
It would be rainbow colored, but mostly orange, because of the energy
and passion and warmth and love of creation behind it.