, ,

Poetic Larceny Artists Reveal #20 --Corey Ann Haydu

Saturday, April 18, 2009 Leave a Comment


What is Poetic Larceny?

And how can I learn more about Flux's upcoming production of Pretty Theft?

COREY ANN HAYDU

Playwright, May 4th

Previous Flux stuff: Corey is a Flux Sunday playwright and actor, where she has workshopped her plays like Club and Wife Training.

We asked the amazing artists of our upcoming staged reading series Poetic Larceny to answer some questions about stealing, beauty, and consequences. Read on for their answers!

Question #1: What is the worst thing you've ever stolen?

I am a rule follower through and through. I am terrified of authority
so I never really went through a rebellious stealing phase. I don't
think I've ever even snuck into a movie theatre without paying for a
ticket. I follow any rule, no matter how stupid it is. One of my
ancestors was a Salem witch, so maybe I'm scared of ending up with the same fate?

Question #2: What is the worst thing that's been stolen from you?

My wallet! At Starbucks, which is practically my home away from home.
So it felt like a particularly offensive act.

Question #3: What do you find pretty?

The color yellow. Nighttime. Dresses. Lilies. The East River.

Question #4: What do you find beautiful?

Sintra, Portugal. Easily the most beautiful place on earth. It's a
magical fairy land on a hill.

Question #5: If you could steal something beautiful without consequences, what would it be?

The book "The Giver", I would steal it and put my name on it. I wish I
had written it. I would also have to steal the process of writing it-
I wish I had come up with it and lived in those characters brains for
longer than just the length of the book.

Bio: Corey is a Flux Sunday participant and this is her first official
collaboration with Flux! She is a member of Impetuous Theatre Group
where she recently was a writer for their 47:59 Festival- She wrote
the first act of The Blame Game, and Gus wrote the second half.
Corey's first play "Abandon" was part of Impetuous' Imbryo Series.
Recently it was accepted into Valdez Alaska's Last Frontier Theatre
Conference
. Corey will be traveling to Alaska to direct a staged
reading of the work for the festival this June. Hip Obscurity recently
produced a reading of Corey's play, "Flash Photography". Her short
stories have been published in various literary journals and she
recently received an Honorable Mention in Glimmer Train Press' Family Matter Contest for her story "The One Named Faye.
As an actress Corey has worked with Impetuous Theatre Group, Boomerang Theatre Company, Hip Obscurity, Ripple Productions, Prophecy Productions, Two Guys and a Credit Card, Manhattan Children's Theatre, and many more.

0 comments »