Imagination Compact Artists Reveal #16--Samuel H. Perwin
Tuesday, April 29, 2008 Leave a Comment
History with Flux: Dream Project participant, in Jose Rivera's Sueño
1. What Shakespeare role would you like to play next?
I haven't done a tragedy in a while - I'd really love to do MacDuff in The Scottish Play, Laertes in Hamlet, or Tybalt in R&J - I like supporting roles. I've also been looking at Orsino and Malvolio in Twelfth Night - one of the big comedies I've never done. I'm also grooming myself for Petruchio in Taming of the Shrew.
2. What Shakespeare role would you like to play that no one will ever cast you in?
Ya know, randomly, I've always wanted to play Romeo, but that will just NEVER happen unless they cast a 5'11" Juliet (I'm 6'4"). Henry V is a dream role, but somehow, no one ever thinks I'm right for it. Maybe because I'm not blond (every Hal I've ever seen has been blond, inexplicably). My audition monologue is Don Armado from Love's Labor's Lost. That would be fun, but I think he's supposed to be like 50+...so maybe I've got a while to wait.
3. Describe the best Shakespeare production you've seen.
I saw a wonderful production of Taming of the Shrew when I was working at Interlochen Arts Camp. It was very period faithful, but just full of energy. They had jugglers and acrobats come on during scene changes, and they used every inch of the stage - tons of levels. The whole thing was so much fun.
4. If you had to date one of the Midsummer lovers, who would you date and why?
Oh, the Romantic in me wants to say Lysander, but Demetrius is the better catch.
5. What is the first thing you think of when you hear the word "flux"?
Change. The good kind.
6. Fairies: colorful playmates or dangerous tricksters?
Colorful playmates - and most of my friends :)
7. If the Flux Capacitor made time travel possible when the DeLorean reached 88mph, what do you think would happen if Flux Theatre Ensemble got theatre up to 88mph?
Only the shadow knows...wait, wrong reference. Great Scott!
8. Complete this sentence: "It's too late to go back now, I'll just have to do without my _______"
9. If a capricious fairy turned you into an animal against your will, what animal would you be and why?
An octopus. So I'd really hope someone would place me in the water.
10. Which would win in a fight - the forest of Midsummer or the forest of Arden?
Arden, no question. That forest is fierce.
11. How many licks does it take...?
Ask Lil Kim...
12. Would you rather have a beer with Richard Burbage or William Kemp?
Burbage - because I see him getting wasted then standing on a barstool reciting Lear. It would be awesome.
13. If we could compact your imagination, what color would it be and why?
Blueish-green - with flecks of red and purple. So basically like some kind aquatic lizard. Hot.