Imagination Compact Artists Reveal #6--Rob Ackerman
What is The Imagination Compact?
And how can I support it while partying with Flux?
Playwright, The Mechanicals "Quince", May 19
History with Flux: Regular Contributor to Flux Sunday, where Flux explored his play Icarus of Ohio
1. What is your favorite Shakespeare play?
Hamlet, because it's one of the greatest dramas ever written and it's still a mess.
2. What is your favorite line of text?
"I know a bank where the wild thyme grows." Okay, that's not my real favorite, but it's from Midsummer. Oberon practices sensory magic with herbs, flowers and the life force at its fullest. I like that.
3. Does Shakespeare influence your writing at all?
Yes. Always. Any playwright who says otherwise is not telling the truth. Shakespeare said everything and did everything, and the rest of us are standing naked in the moonlight trying to say it and do it again.
4. If you had to date one of the Midsummer lovers, whom would you date and why?
Hermia. Helena. Love potion would be required.
5. What is the first thing you think of when you hear the word "flux"?
6. Fairies: colorful playmates or dangerous tricksters?
7. If the Flux Capacitor made time travel possible when the DeLorean reached 88mph, what do you think would happen if Flux Theatre Ensemble got theatre up to 88mph?
My head would probably explode.
8. Complete this sentence: "It's too late to go back now, I'll just have to do without my _______"
9. If a capricious fairy turned you into an animal against your will, what animal would you be and why?
A lightening bug. Because you get to be both airborne and phosphorescent. Duh.
10. Which would win in a fight - the forest of Midsummer or the forest of Arden?
Arden. And it would be ardent. Like mud wrestling.
11. How many licks does it take...?
12. Would you rather have a beer with Richard Burbage or William Kemp?
Kemp. Kemp's a clown. With Burbage, you'd wish you were sober.
13. If we could compact your imagination, what color would it be and why?
Red. Fire. Not something I can control.