, ,

Poetic Larceny Artists Reveal #11 -- Jeff Lewonczyk

Friday, April 3, 2009 Leave a Comment


What is Poetic Larceny?

And how can I learn more about Flux's upcoming production of Pretty Theft?

JEFF LEWONCZYK

Playwright, April 6th

Previous Flux stuff: Wrote the funny melancholy play The Minotaur's Daughter for our Imagination Compact

We asked the amazing artists of our upcoming staged reading series Poetic Larceny to answer some questions about stealing, beauty, and consequences. Read on for their answers!

Question #1: What is the worst thing you've ever stolen?

When I worked at the town library in high school I stole a few library books – that was pretty crummy. My most audacious theft was on the last day of my senior year, when I walked into the school’s art supply closet and just stuffed my backpack with as much stuff as I could make fit.

Question #2: What is the worst thing that's been stolen from you?

When I was in college a girl I was dating managed to get into my dorm room, sniff out my journal, and read all the exasperated and judgmental things I had written about her.

Question #3: What do you find pretty?

Stuff that’s neither ugly nor mediocre nor beautiful.

Question #4: What do you find beautiful?

Stuff that’s neither ugly nor mediocre nor pretty.

Question #5: If you could steal something beautiful without consequences, what would it be?

Probably Western Ireland, which I found breathtaking when I visited a few years ago. I don’t know where I’d put it, though. Maybe in the Grand Canyon, which I would also steal.


Bio: Learn more about the Lewonczyk Legend here.

0 comments »