,

Imagination Compact Artists' Reveal #17 -- Matthew Archambault

Sunday, May 4, 2008 Leave a Comment

What is The Imagination Compact?

And how can I learn more about Flux's Midsummer?

Matthew Archambault

Actor, The Mechanicals, May 19th





1. What Shakespeare role would I like to play next?
Angelo, Iago, Benedick


2. What Shakespeare role would I like to play that I won't ever play?
Son from Henry
VI Pt. 3 because of his one line:
ll blows the wind that profits nobody.
This man, whom hand to hand I slew in fight,
May be possessed with some store of crowns;
And I, that haply take them from him now,
May yet ere night yield both my life and them
To some man else, as this dead man doth me.
Who's this? O God! it is my father's face,
Whom in this conflict I unwares have kill'd.
O heavy times, begetting such events!
From London by the king was I press'd forth;
My father, being the Earl of Warwick's man,
Came on the part of York, press'd by his master;
And I, who at his hands received my life, him
Have by my hands of life bereaved him.
Pardon me, God, I knew not what I did!
And pardon, father, for I knew not thee!
My tears shall wipe away these bloody marks;
And no more words till they have flow'd their fill

3. What's the best Shakespeare production you've seen?
The best Shakespeare I've ever seen? Tough...really tough... For the sake
of
argument, I'll go with the production of Twelfth Night I saw a couple
years ago at
the Gamm Theatre in Providence. The solid, long-term
ensemble owns that little
black-box theatre. The cast relied on each
other to build a powerful world and tell
consistent story...
and they executed jokes with skill and energy. Hard to describe

a theatrical event without going into long-winded detail...
Oh, and for posterity's
sake,
let me point out that Olivier's Othello is TIMELESS!!


4. Which of the Midsummer lovers would you date?
I like tall chicks, but Helena seems depressive... Hermia.


5. What do you think of when you hear the word "Flux"?
Flux makes me think chaos, disarray, change, in-between,
nor here nor there.


6. Fairies: Colorful playmates, or dangerous tricksters?
Faeries are dangerous, mutha-f*#ka! Stay away from them!


7. Complete this sentence:
"It's too late to go back now, I'll just have to do without my ______"
contract.


8. If a fairie turned you into an animal against your will,
what animal
would you be and why?
If a faerie turned me into a sloth, I'd probably find a faster animal to kill me.


9. Who would win in a fight: the forest of Arden
or the forest of Midsummer?

Midsummer Forest would win over Arden! Arden's peaceful
and full of apathetics
(well, as many apathetics and as much apathy
as one can find in a Shakespeare

play)...Titania alone would crush them!

10. How many licks does it take?
Let's find out!


11. Who would you rather have a beer with, Richard Burbage
or Will Kemp?

Kemp's funnier, but he might be crazy. Kemp.

12. If we compacted your imagination,
what color would it be and why?

I think my compacted imagination would like like a craisin, because I love them!

0 comments »