,

Imagination Compact Artists' Reveal #19 -- Aaron Zook

Sunday, May 4, 2008 Leave a Comment

What is The Imagination Compact?
And how can I learn more about Flux's Midsummer?

Aaron Zook

Actor, The Fairies, April 28th



(Pictured here in Impetuous' 12th Night of the Living Dead)

1. What Shakespeare role would you like to play next? 
Hamlet.


2. What Shakespeare role would you like to play
that no one will ever cast you in?

Aaron the Moor

3. Describe the best Shakespeare production you've seen.
I've never seen a live
production that fully satisfied me
(though I've been fortunate enough to perform in
some good 'uns).
I've seen video of Trevor Nunn's Macbeth with Ian McLellan and Judy

Dench, and it fairly knocked my socks off. Spare, economical, unsettling.
No flash,
no grand concept: just fantastic actors mining the text for all it's worth.

4. If you had to date one of the Midsummer lovers,
who would you date and why?

They're all schmucks. I'd rather be single.

5. What is the first thing you think of when
you hear the word "flux"?
"Acid re-"


6. Fairies: colorful playmates or dangerous tricksters?
Depends on the phase of the
moon
and the direction of the wind.


7. If the Flux Capacitor made time travel possible
when the DeLorean reached 88mph,

what do you think would happen if Flux Theatre Ensemble
got theatre up to 88mph?
It
would engage the company's Improbability Drive,
and we'd all turn into sacks of
yarn.

8. Complete this sentence: "It's too late to go back now,
I'll just have to do
without my _______"
OED.


9. If a capricious fairy turned you into an animal against your will,
what animal
would you be and why?
Since it's against my will, I suppose it's up to the

capricious fairy. If it were an ass, though,
I'd be more in the Eeyore vein.


10. Which would win in a fight - the forest of Midsummer
or the forest of Arden?

Unless Arden's fairies are just being coy,
the Midsummer forest by first-round TKO.


11. How many licks does it take...?
I never made it without biting.


12. Would you rather have a beer with Richard Burbage
or William Kemp?
Feh. Give me
some sack and Bill Shakes.

13. If we could compact your imagination,
what color would it be and why?

Complete absence of color.
Having achieved sufficient density to become a quantum

singularity, light would be unable to escape the
gravitational pull of my
imagination.

0 comments »