, , ,

Divine Reckonings Artists Reveal #7:
Erin Browne

Monday, April 12, 2010 Leave a Comment

What is Jacob's House?
What is ForePlay: Divine Reckonings?
Erin Browne
Playwright, ForePlay
Previous Flux Experience:
Erin's play Narrator 1 was a Food:Soul, a scene from the play was read in Have Another, and she has participated in several ForePlays (The Imagination Compact, Poetic Larceny). Plays Narrator 1, Trying, Projects, Return, and others have been developed with the help of Flux Sundays and the Flux Retreat.

Do you have a favorite Bible character?
Mmmmm, there are so many! That's the exciting part, there is a seemingly endless number of interesting people who are mentioned briefly but have these whole immense stories.

Are you blessed?
Sooooo blessed.

If you were wrestling an angel, what moves would you use?
Would playing dead work on an angel? I think that would be my only chance - to fake an injury or some kind of trickery. Have a feeling angels can probably see through that though.

What would you do for more life?
Cut down on fried foods. That's what I'm doing now and trust me that's a huge sacrifice for me.

What's the weirdest thing in your parents' attic?
My parents don't really have attics. My dad has a collection of broken cameras from the 40s - 70s in his basement. My mom who lives in the desert had a wooden sled and toboggan rotting in her garage until recently. Mementos of past lives.

What is your prior experience with the Old Testament?
As the intro to the Jesus book.

If you believe in a deity or deities, what kind do you believe in?
I don't. I wish I did. I am jealous of people who live with faith, and it's a positive influence in their life.

Anything else coming up for you the Flux readers should know about?
My play Trying is coming up April 15-18th. I'm super excited about it. Come check it out if you can (learn more on Facebook and buy tickets here).

Erin Browne's play Trying was awarded the BBC Worldservice International Radio Play Award and A Meth Play was awarded the International Playscript Award through NSDF. Trying will be produced at the Bushwick Starr in April.

1 comments »

  • Matt A said:  

    Your parents seem intriguing...I want to know more!