, ,

Imagination Compact Artists Reveal #13--Brian MacInnis Smallwood

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 Leave a Comment


1. What is your favorite Shakespeare play?
Twelth Night (of the Living Dead...)
2. What is your favorite line of text?
"If music be the food of love, play on."
3. Does Shakespeare influence your writing at all?
Very much so, in fact my newest work is a mistaken identity play that was dually inspired by a performer and Shakespeare's comedies.
4. If you had to date one of the Midsummer lovers, whom would you date and why?
Helena, because her face is one letter away from launching a thousandships.
5. What is the first thing you think of when you hear the word "flux"?
Capacitor. MARTY! NOTE: Just read the later question, and I don't feel so special anymore.
6. Fairies: colorful playmates or dangerous tricksters?
Tricksters. Remember the "Banana Fana Fo Fana" song? Try Puck.
7. If the Flux Capacitor made time travel possible when the DeLoreanreached 88mph, what do you think would happen if Flux Theatre Ensemble gottheatre up to 88mph?
I see Equity problems and really quick shows.
8. Complete this sentence: "It's too late to go back now, I'll just have to do without my _______"
Integrity.
9. If a capricious fairy turned you into an animal against your will, what animal would you be and why?
If it's against my will, and they're trying to mess with me, they'd probably turn me into a snake. I hate snakes.
10. Which would win in a fight - the forest of Midsummer or the forest of Arden?
DeForrest Kelley.
11. How many licks does it take...?
I actually tried this out on a tootsiepop. 365. From the wide side.
12. Would you rather have a beer with Richard Burbage or William Kemp?
I'd rather spill a beer on Burbage and say it was Kemp.
13. If we could compact your imagination, what color would it be and why?
Brown. Whenever you take a whole bunch of colors and mix them together, they turn brown. Stupid color theory applied to non-linear thinking!
BIOGRAPHY
Brian MacInnis Smallwood is most known for his recent adaptation, "Twelfth Night of the Living Dead" produced by the Impetuous Theater Group. Brian has also worked closely with Flux Member Joseph Mathers to produce 2 short films ("Style Guide" & "Discontinued") and a short play the Swim Shorts festival entitled "Der Eisbar". Beyond that, Brian's latest piece "The Wedding Play" will be put up at the 14th Street Theater this July. Brian sincerely hopes....OK, I'm gonna drop the whole third person thing. We all think "Hey, someone wrote this guy's bio for him! He must be great!" But the reality is in Off-Off Broadway and Independent Theater, most people write their own bios. Now that you know it's me, I can also say thanks for coming to support Flux: they're great people with the right idea.

0 comments »