,

Imagination Compact Artists Reveal #7--Maria Portman kelly

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 Leave a Comment

What is The Imagination Compact?
How can I learn more about Flux's Midsummer?


Maria Portman Kelly


Actor, The Lovers, May 5th

Flux History: Played 'Fairy Quickly' in the legendary Monmouth Wives of Windsor with Jason and Gus


1. What Shakespeare role would you like to play next?  
Juliet. I think the window is closing. . .
2. What Shakespeare role would you like to play
that no one will ever cast
you in?
I hope it's not Juliet, so I'll go with Cleopatra.
At 5'2" I don't think anyone would
describe me as an Amazon.
3. Describe the best Shakespeare production
you've seen.

The first that comes to mind is the RSC's recent
*King Lear*.Every member of the ensemble--from
spear-carrier #4 to Sir Ian McKellen in the title role
--was remarkably rigorous in their specificity of
action and displayed a consummate understanding of
the heart and mind of the play.
4. If you had to date one of the Midsummer lovers,
who would you date and
why?
Lysander. He's the dreamboat underdog.
5. What is the first thing you think of when
you hear the word "flux"?

Continuous change, like the flow of the tide.
6. Fairies: colorful playmates or dangerous tricksters?
I don't think those traits are mutually exclusive.
7. If the Flux Capacitor made time travel possible
when the DeLorean reached
88mph, what do you
think would happen if Flux Theatre Ensemble
got theatre
up to 88mph?
This question confuses me.
Maybe I shouldn't admit that.
8. Complete this sentence: "It's too late to
go back now, I'll just have to
do without my _______"
Umbrella.
9. If a capricious fairy turned you into an animal
against your will, what
animal would you be and why?
Well, I'd love to be a fish or a bird, so if the
transformation were against my will I'd probably
end up being something like a cockroach.
10. Which would win in a fight - the forest
of Midsummer or the forest of
Arden?
I think magic would win every time.
11. How many licks does it take...?
A good question. Let's find out.
One... two-HOO... three..* (crunch sound effect)*
Three!
12. Would you rather have a beer with
Richard Burbage or William Kemp?

Burbage. He'd more likely pick up the tab.
13. If we could compact your imagination,
what color would it be and
why?
Green. It's bright but serene.
And environmentally conscious.

0 comments »