, , ,

Divine Reckonings Artists Reveal #16:
Ingrid Nordstrom

Monday, May 17, 2010 Leave a Comment

What is Jacob's House?
What is ForePlay: Divine Reckonings?

Ingrid Nordstrom
Actor, ForePlay

Previous Flux Experience: Anisa Hansen in The Lesser Seductions of History; Dramaturgy for A Midsummer Night's Dream and Other Bodies; Have Another: We Are Burning



Do you have a favorite Bible character?
I think Judith is my favorite. Partially because she inspired Artemisia Gentileschi and consequently Howard Barker.

Are you blessed?
Indeed.

If you were wrestling an angel, what moves would you use?
I would go medieval, and use my wicked logic skills to shrink it down to the size of a pin head, and have it dance till it was all tuckered out.

What would you do for more life?
Jeez, I don't think I want more life, really. Too lonely once the loved ones are gone. I would love to STAY healthy for most of my life and to die standing up. But I think I would do just about anything for wisdom. Damn that snake with his shiny apple!

What's the weirdest thing in your parents' attic?
I don't know... Homemade Crossbow? Is that weird? We have some gold teeth lying around from my Grandpa's medicine pouch from WWI, yes, the first one.

What is your prior experience with the Old Testament?
What a funny way to phrase that question! I went to bible school and what not in the Lutheran Church, but I think most of my exposure actually came from Europe and the art, or that is what made it really fascinating for me.

If you believe in a deity or deities, what kind do you believe in?
The kind that "would dance". It would be nice to think that there is some reason that life exists at all. It is strange and wonderful and it would be cool if there was something that could appreciate it as a whole, and it would be super awesome if at the end of this particular life, I could somehow be involved in that knowledge.

Anything else coming up for you that Flux readers should know about?
Just working on working.

Ingrid Nordstrom hails from the small Scandinavian nation of Minnesota. She studied Theater and Anthropology at the University of Wisconsin: Eau Claire, spent a bit of time in Europe "finding herself", and finished her training at the Atlantic Theater Company Acting School's 2 Year Conservatory Program in NYC. Now she acts.

0 comments »