, , ,

Divine Reckonings Artists Reveal #17: Fengar Gael

Saturday, May 22, 2010 Leave a Comment

What is Jacob's House?
What is ForePlay: Divine Reckonings?

Fengar Gael
Playwright, ForePlay: Divine Reckonings

Previous Flux Experience
A fan of Flux Sundays where actors have scenes from my perversions-in-progress: BEGGAR AT THE FEAST, THE USHER'S BALL, and THE GALLERIST.


Do
you have a favorite Bible character?
Goliath and Lot's curious wife.

Are you blessed?

Every day, every hour, by every soul I encounter.

If you were wrestling an angel, what moves would you use?
Plucking the wing-feathers, stealing them for myself and fleeing the scene.

What would you do for more life?
Nothing. It's a devil's baragain and I'm hoping for an eternity in paradise (ha!).

What's the weirdest thing in your parents' attic?
My father's collection of gold painted wishbones from all the chickens and turkeys he's devoured.

What is your prior experience with the Old Testament?
My father forced my brothers and me to have regular readings on Sundays which induced a perpetual state of suppressed laughter.

If you believe in a deity or deities, what kind do you believe in?
No deities, but I do believe in the divinity of all creatures.

Anything else coming up for you that Flux readers should know about?

A production of a play that was read at some of the Flux Sundays called THE USHER'S BALL by CAP 21 (Collaborative Arts Project 21) at the Shop Theatre (18 West 18th Street), from May 6 through May 27th, directed by Michael Barakiva, with Lawrence Arancio, Jennifer Joan Thompson, Curzon Dobell, Linda Larson, Bonnie Black, Gene Gilette, Michael Hicks, Stephen Bel Davies, Nick Ciangrogna, Jake Green, Adam Covalt, and Ronan Babbitt.

Fengar Gael is a recipient of a playwriting fellowship from the California Arts Council, the Craig Noel Award for Devil Dog Six, the Playwrights First Award for Opaline, and commissions from South Coast Repertory, New Jersey Repertory, InterAct, and the National New Play Network for Soul on Vinyl. Her play, The Usher’s Ball, will be produced at CAP 21 in New York beginning May 6th.

1 comments »

  • Matt A said:  

    Fengar! I need to come see The Usher's Ball! I hope I can make it...