, , ,

Jacob's House Artists Reveal #4:
Matthew Archambault

Thursday, May 13, 2010 Leave a Comment

What is Jacob's House?
What is ForePlay: Divine Reckonings?


Matthew Archambault
Actor, Jacob's House

Productions - Jacob in Jacob's House (Schulenburg); Barry Tanner in The Lesser Seductions of History (Schulenburg). Staged Readings - Coach Jim Brindell in Volleygirls (Ackerman). Foreplays - Will & Quince in The Imagination Compact: The Mechanicals (Pracht & Ackerman). Have Anothers - Doctor Hargraves Moss in Opaline (Gael). 36 Flux Sundays, starting September 7th, 2008.

Do you have a favorite Bible character?
Not really...I have bad associations with my Christian past...

Are you blessed?
I consider myself very lucky. My duty is to be ready for those moments when opportunity presents itself.

If you were wrestling an angel, what moves would you use?
First, confusion. I'd try some bizarre stuff that would throw the angel off guard...then, at it's most uncomfortable/off-base, I'd strike quickly, directly, hoping to end the fight fast. That'd probably be a blow to the head with something heavy and blunt nearby.

What would you do for more life?
I'd do a lot of things!

What's the weirdest thing in your parents' attic?
I spoke to my father a couple days ago, and he told me he has a musical in the attic that he wrote when he was in college up there! He used 'popular songs from the day,' and has mixed feelings about whether or not he wants to find it...

What is your prior experience with the Old Testament?
I went to Monsigneur Clarke for first and second grade. My early memory of learning about the Bible is leaning over to a boy sitting on the floor next to me and saying, 'You don't really believe this, do you??" He was terrified at question...and I knew then I was in a minority. Now I feel that maybe I'm not really in the minority...there's a lot of self-deception going on when it comes to religion.

If you believe in a deity or deities, what kind do you believe in?
Why can't folks be happy with the beings we have?

Anything else coming up for you that Flux readers should know about?
My hostile takeover of Flux Theatre Ensemble, planned for early Fall, 2012.

Matthew Archambault has worked with The Mortals, Columbia Rep, Brooklyn on Foot, Wayside Theatre, Virginia Shakespeare Festival, Roxy Regional Theatre, Theatre at Monmouth, and Monomoy Theatre, among others.

13 comments »

  • Mary Silkes said:  

    Matt is so great!

  • Tia Gause said:  

    I can't get this actor out of my mind!

  • Patricia Huff said:  

    A national treasure.

  • Liz Owens said:  

    More, more, more Archambault!

  • Gail Lietman said:  

    I've considered kidnapping Matthew and forcing him to perform for me in my sub-basement.

  • Desiree Curran said:  

    This Frenchman deserves this country's highest honor, whatever that is. He is a delight, a pure delight!

  • Isaiah Tanenbaum said:  

    Matt, stop making up screen names. It's getting embarrassing.

  • Irene McGlasson said:  

    Take me, young man!

  • Holly said:  

    Matthew's the best!!!!!!!!

  • Gina Lalli said:  

    Matthew's not so great...

  • Rikki Bersnak said:  

    There is currently a lot of controversy about Gina Lalli's last comment, and I know that any response on the subject will almost certainly cause someone to promulgate partisan prejudice against others. Still, Lalli has nephelococcygic delusions about being able to sucker us into believing a lot of junk we shouldn't. True, Lalli has a right to her opinion. In her mind, she also apparently has a right to be a pathological, biggety lamebrain as evidenced by her attempts to create an ideological climate that will enable her to cultivate an unhealthy sense of victimhood. When will Gina Lalli come clean and admit that she intends to make all of us pay for her boondoggles? To what lengths will she go to disparage and ridicule our traditional heroes and role models? And do self-deceiving psychopaths like her bedfellows actually have lives, or do they exist solely to supplant national heroes with offensive, insolent New Age lie-virtuosas? Short-sighted ideologues like Gina Lalli belong in prison where they can be kept away from the general public. Then again, Lalli believes that the best way to reduce cognitive dissonance and restore homeostasis to one's psyche is to anesthetize the human spirit. Sorry, but I have to call foul on that one. So let me end it by saying merely that Gina Lalli's conclusions are bad not only for the immortal soul but also for mortal men and women.

  • Jaqueline Dunn said:  

    Right on, Rikki. Matthew is awesome!

  • Matt A said:  

    My heart was captured.